Short Track Railroad – Track Plans
Donner Pass Exhibit (DPE) and NTRAK Track Plans
DPE Layout Highlights
- The prototype runs from Roseville, CA to Sparks, NV.
- The permanent DPE layout is 60 by 40 feet.
- 36 miles of code 55 N gauge track.
- 190 Hand laid turnouts:
- #10 for high speed crossovers
- #8 for mainline access and passing sidings
- #6 for yards and local spurs
- 25 tunnels and snowsheds
- 100% DCC (computer) control using Digitrax and JMRI PanelPro.
- All turnouts are motorized and may be operated from:
- your hand-held train control
- your smart phone
- the dispatcher’s computer screen, or
- local control panels.
- Block occupancy detection and operating track signals.
- More hand made trees than you can count.
NTRAK Layout Highlights
- The NTRAK layout is 35 by 26 feet.
- The layout consists of 38 NTRAK modules.
- Each module is built to the international NTRAK standards.
- The layout is completely portable.
- The entire layout can be selectively operated by DC or DCC control systems.
- Connects to the permanent DPE through a “T” module and an operating lift bridge.