Short Track Railroad – Membership
We are creating a permanent N scale layout modeling the Southern Pacific Railroad from Roseville, California to Sparks, Nevada and points between. Our goal is to create a museum quality representation of the 1955-1975 era of the Southern Pacific along this historic route that was so important to California history.
Work is underway on our Donner Pass Exhibit
Come be part of this exciting multi-year project!
All levels of experience and skill are invited.
Team with current Short Track Club members, including Master Model Railroaders and other modeling veterans, as well as those just learning the hobby of model railroading. We are experienced in layout design, scenery construction, model structures, DCC and electronics, motive power and rolling stock. Everyone has opportunities to learn and contribute!
It’s easy to join the Short Track N-Scale Model Railroad Club. Our regular business meetings are at 7 PM the first Thursday of every month at the Section House on the grounds of the Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum. We also have activities most other Thursdays at 7 PM (Contact us for our schedule). You can join us any Saturday between 9 AM and 1 PM. Stop by to meet some of the crew and see what we’re working on.
What We Offer
- A group of fun-loving, friendly club members with a great spirit of camaraderie.
- A dedicated Club House where we are building our permanent Donner Pass Exhibit and operate our award winning NTRAK layout
- Monthly How-to Clinics
- Realistic railroad Operating and Switching sessions
- An opportunity to learn about and participate in model railroading
With our membership, you will also enjoy the benefits of belonging to the Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum. The Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum has been in Vista for over 30 years, growing to become one of the premier educational and recreational facilities in North San Diego County.
With over eleven hundred volunteers, the Museum boasts a collection of 20,000+ items focusing on the 1849-1949 era. Exhibits and demonstrations include an early California farm and farming equipment, a weaving shop, blacksmith shop, wheelwright shop and hundreds of working displays of gas and steam driven equipment.
Requirements and How to Join
- Must be at least 18 years old. (Kids can join with an adult)
- Fill out membership application.
- Dues are $70/year. (Museum membership is also required.)
- 3 month probation period.